As 2021 comes to a close, we find ourselves not only looking toward the year ahead but also reminiscing on all that’s happened in the last 12 months.
Let’s find out what homeownership topics went from head-scratchers to I got this!
Homeowners took care of business
Home maintenance management is an important part of being a homeowner. This may mean knowing the right professional to call for the job or breaking out the toolbelt and channeling your inner DIY master.
Either way, 2021 was a big year for home renos.
- Back to the basics: 7 Basic Skills Every Homeowner Can Master
- Updates for less: 5 Easy Home Updates for Less Than $25
- Take it outside: How to Raise Your Home Value with Your Yard
Less energy was spent worrying about energy (aka utility costs)
Utilities are a large part of a homeowner’s monthly expenses, and we know those dollar amounts can change depending on the time of year, the climate you live in, or a supply chain shortage. But did you know that there are ways to reduce those bills and that help is available if the costs become too much? Our Keep leaners sure did!
- Spend less on energy: 10 Simple Habits to Reduce Your Energy Bills
- Turn down the heat(ing costs): 6 Tricks to Lower Your Home Heating Costs
- Help when you need it: What Should You Do if You Can’t Afford Your Utility Bills?
Money moves were made
The world of home financing and taxes can be confusing. Getting your hands on the right info can help you find out about money-saving opportunities — like creative ways to pay for a home renovation or tax benefits specifically for homeowners.
This year, our homeowners spent a lot of time reading up on household finances.
- Home renovation funding: 8 Smart Ways to Pay for Your Home Reno
- Homeowners tax benefits: 7 Homeowner Tax Deductions to Save You $
Homes were kept clean, cool, and collected
It’s safe to say that in recent years, we’ve spent a bit more time in our homes. So it makes sense that our homeowners are reading up on how they can improve not just the visible areas of their homes, but the unseen parts as well, even the air!
Our readers learned to keep their homes so fresh and so clean.
- Keeping it cool: Cool Down With These Air Conditioning Basics
- Keeping it clean: 7 Simple Ways to Improve Your Home’s Air Quality
Not quite ready to get back to the present? Check out these other popular posts from 2021: